Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

We Knew It Was Coming...

Jake loves to 'be naked.' That's no secret around here! When he gets out of bed, he undresses and comes into my room.... naked! But he brings his underwear of choice, and this is how he prefers to go about his day. I do get him dressed each day - multiple times a day... and he always wears clothes when we go somewhere, of course! If you're a parent, you know that some battles are worth fighting, and some hills are worth dieing on. This is not one of those battle or one of those hills that I choose!!!!!!
So, all that being said, we knew that one day, questions would arise about his scar on his chest. Things like this never happen when you're 'prepared' for it, but tonight, the 'real' questions came up. Sam pointed to his chest and asked why Jake has holes in his tummy. Then, my sweet, innocent Jakey (who believes his chest looks normal), pointed to his belly button and asked what the 'hole' was for!!!! I told him that was his belly button, but that the other 'holes' were from when he had his heart fixed. Sam then pointed to all of the scars on Jake's chest and we discussed what exactly caused the holes (the multiple chest tubes, incision, etc). It was a brief conversation, but as they were walking away and moving on, Jake asked, "Is my heart broken?"
Oh, my sweet, sweet boy! "NO!" I quickly answered him!!! "NO WAY!" I told him his heart was fixed and perfect. He looked back and said, "Will it break again?"
Oh my!!!! "Absolutely not!!!!!!" Mommy's heart couldn't handle it! ;-)
He's laying down here, and the scar is barely visible!!!!! We honestly think of it as our visible reminder of how GREAT our God is! And what a MIRACLE Jake really is!!!!
Here he is sitting up - now you can see what we're talking about with the 'holes' in his tummy!
And yet again - we are reminded (not that it doesn't happen on a daily basis anyway!) how blessed we are and how great our God is! Thank you, Lord for my little Jake... and his perfect scars and his beautiful story!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post - and what a blessing that Jake doesn't even remember that time... a time that was SO hard for you guys (and that one day he'll get to read about :)). But I bet God will keep using those holes and scars in a BIG way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tam, I know your heart did a flip when he asked if his was broken. Love you - and I know you are the perfect mommy for Jake and his heart's journey!

    ReplyDelete