Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sam and Jake are BOTH in School!?!?

This was a few days ago when we went to meet their teachers... sooooo cooperative!
Their teachers are great (and veterans), and both boys seem excited about starting! Jake's teacher asked for a 'get-to-know-you' email from him, so here is what she got:

Hi Mrs. Cindy and Mrs. Mary!
My name is Jacob Robert Laterveer, but I go by Jake (most of the time - sometimes I refer to myself as Jakey. Mostly because my mommy and daddy and brother call me that a lot!) This is my first time to be in school, and I am super excited about it. Mostly because my big brother, Sam is in the 4-yr-old class and last year was tough when mommy would drop Sam off and I couldn't go! I pretty much adore my big brother... Especially when he's being nice to me! I also have a doggy named Stormie. She's really sweet, and I love her a lot. She gets upset, though, when I love her too much!
My mommy and daddy are two of my favorite people. Daddy plays with me and tickles me - I love to be tickled! Mommy loves to cuddle with me and they've called me a "mama's boy" more than once. I'm not ashamed for loving my mommy!
I had open heart surgery when I was 6 days old. I was supposed to die - and I did - but I'm what Mommy and Daddy call a miracle! After being in the hospital for the first month of my life, I came home on minimal medication and a feeding tube. I yanked that feeding tube out and haven't looked back! I got rid of all that medicine too. That was too much to make my mommy keep up with - and this way you don't have to worry about it either!
The doctors say that I will know my own limitations insofar as physical activity. So far, my mommy hasn't seen any limitations! See? I'm a miracle! I'm a dare devil, and am afraid of absolutely nothing!!!!! That scares my mommy sometimes, but I think it's funny!!!
My favorite color is green. I'm not sure why, but I am pretty consistent about this.
I've been potty trained for well over a year, so don't worry about me - I'll tell you when I need to potty! I sleep with 'night time undies' (mommy calls them Pull Ups), but those are always dry, so I don't know why she insists I wear them at night!? Speaking of nighttime, I just got a big boy bed with McQueen sheets! I love my big boy bed! It was a lot more work to jump out of the crib to go wake mommy and daddy up in the mornings. I find this bed much easier! I don't know why they didn't move me sooner!? I'm the baby of the family, so just between you and me, I think mommy doesn't want me to grow up too fast!!!!
She can't stop me! I'm smart, if that's not being too proud! I already know my colors and letters and shapes. Oh. And it might be fair to warn you - I REALLY like to talk! I honestly can't stop! Before your start groaning, I'll go ahead and apologize! If I'm well-rested, I'm usually a really good listener, so I think we may have a chance for success in school! Mommy said I'll have to go to bed early on school nights!!!
I'm really looking forward to meeting you both and learning new things from you!
Love,
Jake


All weekend, we have been talking about school and how much fun it will be. Sam got sick. Physically ill, and we believe it is because he is nervous about starting in a new class. He was so comfortable in his "3 Class" and is having a hard time understanding why he can't have the same teachers! I hope this isn't always how his body will react to stress! He threw up, and his tummy has been torn up too. Poor baby!


This morning, was their first day of school! Sam is in the 4-yr-old class, and Jake is in the 2-yr-old class (his birthday is just a month shy of being able to be in the 3 class!) We took it easy this morning, in hopes that Sam wouldn't get too nervous.....


I let them watch some TV after breakfast...
I got Jake dressed and his pictures made (Sam ended up on the potty again!)
Jake's really not wanting to stand still for pictures... hence the fake smile! He sure does love his McQueen book bag, though!
Sam posing with his book bag... he really wanted me to see Iron Man on his backpack!!!
Brothers... off to school together... [I realize Jake looks scared - that is due to Sam's arm around him, not the thought of school!]
Much better!
We rushed to the car and off to school... my 'time line' got interrupted several times, so we still ended up in a rush - whatever! I tried!
We're in the carpool line! Waiting...
Time to get out... Jake kept telling me all weekend that he wanted mommy to walk to class with him, so I was wondering how this would go!
And off they go...
Bye mom! [You can barely see Jake's feet under the door - he was off and running!] Piece of cake! Jake never looked back! :-( And time for mommy to let the tears flow!

Well.... I (I mean, they) made it through their day! I was so excited to get back to pick them up. They were yammering away when they got in the car, and I got distracted and forgot to put the car in park while I got out to hug them and buckle them up! Seriously! The car was on JUST ENOUGH of an incline that it never moved! God was watching over us! Can you imagine if the car had started rolling away with them? Geez!
Sam told me he liked it and was excited to go back tomorrow! Here is a bag of goodies he took with him to share with his class and his teachers for them to get to know him: Whew.... Jake liked it and ate a cupcake for (someone's) birthday! Sam told me that Jake cried when they got into the building. :-( Jake told me that he wanted Mommy. But that he had fun in his classroom. I bet his teachers went, "whew..." when he left - he's such a talker! Hebron Preschool will never be the same again!
What did I do while they were in school? [besides leave my brain at home?] Oh! Well.... you're looking at it! Maybe I'll get some actual work done another day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment