Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stream of Random...

As I think it, I write it... which becomes a stream of randomness!!!

Sam got bit by a spider at the pool... we thought it was an ant bite until it looked like this the next morning. I took him to the dr (bc Cathy and my mom encouraged me - in hind site (and looking at this picture), I am ashamed it didn't occur to me to take him immediately!). The dr said it looked more like a spider, but not Brown Recluse since it bit multiple times (three in this spot and once under his arm). My poor baby! He still thinks it's an ant... which I am thinking I regret not telling him it was a spider bc he is now scared of ants in the pool. A little over a week later, we returned to the pool (the delay was not fear, but circumstances - also called life).... and darned if my poor boy didn't get bit AGAIN! And again, I thought ant until he woke up the next morning with a large raised spot (only one bite this time, so it wasn't quite as large this time!) This kid has some sweet meat.... and I have no clue WHERE this spider is coming from! There is no common denominator with when he got bit... besides the pool. But I'm there, and Jake's there - and we're not getting bit - thank the Lord! He's brave, though!

Sam had his 'noculars' out looking across the room at me (pardon the dark camera phone quality here.... but it's a cute picture!)
This is BJ's favorite shirt, and he would love to find one for himself! It says, "AwesoME / Awesome since birth / No artificial Awesomeness!"
Jake telling his Daddy that he's glad he is home from work!
Jake on the ride home with his big boy bed... again, pardon the camera phone quality and the blurriness.... I was actually driving here! Can I get a ticket for that too?
I could say he's listening to music, but he's actually pretending to talk to his daddy on the phone!
My little Jake was sick for about a week with a fever. Nothing more, nothing less. Here, he said his head hurt, so I made him an ice pack and laid him in my lap. He fell asleep this way. You know it's bad when he A) Stops talking and/or B) Sits still!!!!
I cleaned the windows inside AND out... sorry BJ... WE cleaned the windows inside and out! Ahhhhhh.... the house is so much brighter!
Oh... there's my cute child ---- in front of those clean windows!
And my other cute child watching t.v. Probably Wall-E. That's their latest favorite! When Jake was sick, I think I played it through five times in one day (don't judge... I wanted minimal movement/activity for him!!)
The look - sorry to disturb you!
Here's a smile... now leave me alone!
Stormie listens... kinda... well, not really!

In other happenings... I hosted a bachelorette/lingerie shower for my best friend, who is getting married in October. It was a blast, and get this... I decorated with my lingerie! Too funny!

Jake is doing well in his big boy bed. We don't even have to put the baby gate at his door because he stays in there just fine, and when he wakes up, he comes out and finds me. It was in fact easier this go-round.... like I mentioned before, it could be the fact that he's almost three, not 19 months, and/or because I don't have an infant in the house this time!?

We have been to the beach! Lots of fun, funny stories, and of course pictures.... coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment