Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our Pumpkin Patch

I know everyone has been on pins and needles wondering how the Laterveer Pumpkin Patch is coming along...
Wait no more!  Here are some updated pictures of our progress...

I found the perfect Pumpkin Patch decoration to notify the neighbors of what we are growing here...
And I have the perfect little pumpkins beginning to grow....
Aren't they perfect?
Well, Kroger thought so too - for the low, low price of $4.99!
It is true... the pumkin Patch was a complete failure!  We had one little pumpkin begin to grow - then we had bugs.  I killed the bugs, we had two more little pumpkins attempt to grow, and they just rotted!? 

But here's the good news... Sam and Jake aren't so interested in the patch anymore - it's not like they look at it everyday or anything... SOOOOO I bought these cute little pumpkins, that will grow into medium pumpkins in a week or so, and will grow into large pumpkins by the week of Halloween!  I think it's what any other well-intending, non-capable mother would do in this situation!!!!!!!!

They'll never know any different (and I doubt they'll ever read this blog when they're older anyway... they're BOYS!) So they'll always remember "that fall that we grew our own pumpkins to carve!"

No comments:

Post a Comment