Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Updates and Long Over-due Pics...

Week 2 of Kindergarten is going much smoother than week 1... however, Sam is still exhausted and a bit of a handful in the evenings!!!!!

On Monday, Sam's teacher emailed me (love her for that) and said that he was a little sad, but seemed to be doing better.  And each day has gotten better and better. He seems like he may be a bit lonely at school... he had so many great friends at pre-school, and I think he's a little sad he doesn't have a buddy in his class. Jake and I went to school and surprised him at lunch on Wednesday (I happen to go up there to ask about a shirt, and the lady asked if I was here for lunch.  I said, "No, but can I be?" Apparently you can go eat lunch with them anytime!!! REALLY???? Why didn't I know that last week! Or at the beginning of this week when he was so sad????  Well... it was probably a God thing since he seemed to miss his mommy so much!? Jake and I went and got Happy Meals and went back to meet Sam.  As I signed us in, someone says... "You can't take fast food into the caffeteria!" I pulled the 'I'm a mom with a Kindergartener, and I didn't know' card, so they gave me brown bags to dump the food into..... geez......) Sam was much more informative at lunch than all of his afternoons after school (and our games of 20,000 questions) combined!  And I got a name for a 'friend.' NOW.... to find out his mom's # so I can arrange for a playdate!!! Hahahaha!!!!!

Sam thinks that P.E. is going to be his favorite class (he missed P.E. his first week because he was sick) even though he hasn't been yet... but it's kinda like him loving basketball (!?)... he just knows it's his favorite!?!?

Tonight, I am going to his class for Curriculum Night... I guess we shall see if I can stalk said 'friend's' parents........ OH! And I guess I'll find out what they are teaching my child!!!!!! Sam kept thinking that I was coming back to his class after lunch on Wednesday, so I am hoping I'll be able to start coming in and helping SOON too!!!!!!

So maybe Kindergarten is affecting me more than I thought.... I am a stalking, questioning, stressed, obsessed mother (all qualities I didn't think I would possess) of a KINDERGARTNER... and I'm feeling like my babies are growing up way too fast!  He shouldn't be having to fend for himself so much!!!!!  Such a culture shock.... for me more than Sam, I think!!!

And I am ALWAYS taking pictures of other people's kids... and putting off my kids'/family's pics... SOOO --- I took a couple of my two LITTLE boys this weekend......... ahhhhhh..... moment frozen......





Ugh... guess it's time to keep going.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment