Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sam Starts Kindergarten...

Sam is starting Kindergarten on Monday... It's a mix of emotions around here -- excitement from Sam (he really doesn't seem nervous or anything besides excited!!!), and hesitation, nervousness and sadness from Mommy!!!! Hesitant because I keep questioning myself if we have Sam in the right place at the right time; nervous for my little guy to get to his classroom by himself, meet new friends, get into a new routine, learn new things, etc, etc..... Sadness because my little baby is growing up!!!! But that also makes me happy because he is a bright, kind, sweet, loving, caring, fun little (big) boy!!!!

We met Sam's teacher today.  Mrs. Rowberry.  If I could have requested a teacher (which I was going to do, but decided to let God handle SOMETHING ;), this is the teacher I would have picked... mainly because my friend/teacher's son had him when he was in Kindergarten, and she was VERY, VERY happy with her.  So here is Sam with Mrs. Rowberry....
 Sam in his new classroom...
Another of Sam in his new classroom... EXCITED about learning!!!!!!
 Jake had to have his picture made too!!!!!
Sam ready to do something at these numbered tables!!! (And Jake 'getting out of the picture! ;)
And yes, we are now GOLD members of the PTA!!!!

Sam and Jake both stayed with Mrs. Rowberry while I tracked down bus information and took care of a few things... yes, even my little clingy Jake -- he even stayed with Mrs. Rowberry while Sam and I went to pick out a school shirt!!! I wonder if Jake can just go onto Kindergarten now with Mrs. Rowberry!?!?!?!  Yes, you read right... Sam is riding the school bus.  He really wants to... and Mark (his friend from across the street who is going into 2nd grade) will be riding with him... so that makes me feel a little better about it.  And I talked to Mrs. Rowberry about the process, so I feel very comfortable with how he will get on and off the bus at school.  Sam and I walked from the front door to his classroom a couple of times, and he seems confident on how to get to his classroom.  YIKES!!! See why I'm so nervous for him? (Of course I'm trying REALLY HARD not to let him see any of MY nerves... he gets nothing but confidence from me!!!!).

So many things we have thought about that Sam needs to be sure he can do and things that he doesn't need to do...... like pull up his pants BEFORE leaving the bathroom (not running around naked); like actually going TO the bathroom to teetee (ugh - that would be horrible if he pulled his pants down at the playground!!!); like opening his own snacks; like raising his hand and asking if he needs help; I could go on..... and on..... and on......

I know he will do just fine.  And surely I will too????? I have signed up for helping in the classroom as much as possible, and I know God will take care of my little angel when I can't be there to watch him ALL the time.  I'm just so sad for school to start. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment