Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sam Starts KINDERGARTEN... how the day went...

Here they come! Here they come!!!! Sam's home!!!!
(That was me, for the record - Jake was sleeping ;-)

Last one off... of course...

Such a big boy! Love him - so glad to see him!

I got in his path to get my hug...

Then BJ did the same and took his hand to walk home (I was handed his book bag)...

He let go of BJ's hand, ran ahead into the house and undressed (!? - I don't know what my kids' deal is with clothes!?) and got his ring pop!

In BJ's words... "That was Anticlimactic"!!! For a moment, I forgot that I am dealing with a boy - he doesn't talk!!! It was like playing 20,000 questions....
ME: Did you have a good day?
SAM: Yes.
ME: What did you do?
SAM: I don't remember.
ME: Did you play on the playground?
SAM: Yes.
ME: Did you like it?
SAM: No.  It wasn't a cool playground.
ME: Did you play with anyone?
SAM: No.
ME: Did you talk to anyone in your class?
SAM: No.
ME: Did you learn anyone's name?
SAM: No.
ME: Did you do anything in your classroom.
SAM: I don't know.
ME: Did you use a pencil?
SAM: yes.
ME: For what?
SAM: I colored a school bus.
ME: With a pencil?
SAM: Yes. Well, I used red and white.
ME: Did you leave your classroom today?
SAM: Yes.
ME: Where did you go?
SAM: Lunch.
ME: Did you talk to anyone at lunch?
SAM: No.
ME: Did you go anywhere else?
SAM: Science.
ME: Oh boy! What did you do there? Were there animals? (I already knew there were and I was thinking, 'Dear God, get him to tell me SOMETHING'!!!!)
SAM: Yes.
ME: What kind of animals?
SAM: A lizard - big with rubber spikes. And another smaller lizard.
ME: Did you do anything in Science?
SAM: No.
ME: Was Mrs. Rowberry with you in science?
SAM: No.

I suppose you get the gist of how this went... I could keep going, because I'm not really exaggerating about the 20,000 questions!!!!

I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting, but this wasn't exactly it.... OH! I was expecting my pre-school Sam!  I now have grown-up Sam!  And just like that, he became a boy!!!! ;-(

He DID get a note from the teacher, though! It was a thank you for the homemade bread we brought her at open house! Oh yes! I'm a suck-up, and I don't care!  I want her to remember (and like) my baby!!!! ;-) All's fair......

We are going to grill hamburgers for dinner, at Sam's request for his 'first-day-of-school-dinner.' Guess I should go start cooking! We were so happy to have BJ home all day just for Sam's first day - and now HE can grill!!!!!! ;-)  Sam has only been home for two hours, and has been in time-out twice and had one spanking....... maybe some pent-up energy to deal with? Or the need to act out since he didn't at school? Or maybe he didn't talk all day (which is HIGHLY likely) and he's got to get it all in before bedtime? Or he's tired already after his 6:30 AM wake-up call?  Either way... we need to get THAT part figured out!!!!! LOL!!!! Well.... that was that.  Kindergarten...eh..... I'm ready for summer!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics! And all the great questions - you were meant to be a mommy to boys I'm convinced.

    So much fun - I can't believe he's already in kindergarden. It seems like just yesterday that I was careening around in my car to get to you and see your new little guy in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete