Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sam's First Day of KINDERGARTEN!!!

Oh boy... Kindergarten... Sam is BEYOND excited!  Which most definitely makes this easier on his mommy's sad heart! BJ, Jake and I put him on the bus this morning, and he is on his own - I feel like I've abandoned him!!!!! But let's use pictures instead of words so that I can avoid choking up! ;-)

FIRST OF ALL... I must BRAG on my SMART guy... BJ gave him 'homework' to do during his quiet time last week - he had to write all of his letters and numbers.  I put him in his room at his desk and closed the door.  Here is his finished product... absolutely NO help from me!!! Isn't he just amazing??? Must give some props to Hebron Preschool too, of course! He is SOOO ready for Kindergarten!

We had to wake our little Kindergartner up this morning at 6:45... Pardon the pictures - camera phone! ;-)  BJ was already thinking I was mean for flashing him which woke him up! ;-)


Good thing he had a little while to get woken up!


Yummy eggs and sausage - his favorite!  And chocolate milk, of course!!!

Jake even woke up early to send big brother off (well, 7 isn't EARLY for him - that's pretty normal!)

Getting his shoes on...

Heading out the door (OK - tearing the door off the hinges) to catch the bus - and showing off his Bumblebee book bag!!!

Outside to go to the bus stop... Jake just can't avoid a photo op - or doesn't understand that he can't be in every picture!!!!


Sam and one of his best buds, Mark.  He is beyond excited to ride the bus with Mark! And Mark was giving him all kinds of pointers and was planning all the things they can talk about on the bus! Thank you to Mark, who made putting Sam on the bus SO MUCH easier on me!!!!

Walking to the bus stop...

Waiting for the bus...
Getting on the bus... Sam was running to the door before she had it open and was the first one on!  Love that kid and his enthusiasm... nerves? what nerves?


And there he goes... he picked a seat for himself and Mark and was all smiles!

Darn that sticker and tinted windows - but can you see that smile (in his eyes since his mouth is partly covered)? Seriously... this is the picture that makes me weepy... Precious baby boy!!!

There she goes with my baby... BE CAREFUL LADY - I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF I NEED TO!!!!

And just like that, I officially have a kid in his first year of school.  Wait... I need to have my moment....

Sam is happy and excited, so how can I not embrace that? I had my emotional breakdown (i.e. the ugly cry) when I registered him last May, so maybe that was it!? Who knows... but for now, I am so happy that my baby is happy... I love him and I miss him lots (OK, typing that makes me tear up), and I canNOT wait for 3:00..... stay tuned for more pictures and a recap of his first day!!! (and mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment