Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

This one deserves its own post...

So I went to the dealership to get the oil changed before heading down to the beach (we were way overdue, and BJ thought it best that it be done BEFORE we go...).  I have been super-busy (praise the Lord), so the only day that I could squeeze it in was a Monday that the kids happen to be off from school..... when everyone else apparently decided to squeeze it in as well. That's just my luck...

So after an hour and a half of waiting, I see our car being pulled around - there IS a God!!!! No one came to get us. I was patient.  Weeeeelllllll....... as patient as any mother of a 4 and 5-yr-old could be with lunchtime bearing down on her!!!!  Finally, I walked out to the service drive (thinking I would offer to let Sam and Jake help them out until someone gave me my keys).  The ONE guy out there was on the phone. When he motioned for me to come over, the phone rang again... AND HE ANSWERED IT!!! Now we were in the driveway......... at lunchtime. Having waited almost 2 hours now..... I opted to take the kids over behind a railing - I am pretty responsible about most things!!!

A (fairly large) man walked up and stood beside us. Jake looked up at him, then at me... then says, "Mommy, that guy's fat." (Let me just say here that they are obsessed with FAT - people, objects, etc... just my luck)  I calmly glanced at the guy from the corner of my eye and point across the service drive and say, "You want to go see that???" (Thinking the entire time - REDIRECT, REDIRECT, REDIRECT!!!!!)

Then Sam looks at me and says, "No Mommy, he said FAT, f,f,f,f (imagine him enunciating the "F" sound over and over), FAT!"

What do you do then????? There was no 'redirecting' that one.... Thanks to Sam, I melted into the floor, and the man quietly walked away........

SOOOOO glad Sam is learning his words and letter sounds and spelling, and is using it daily.....

I quietly paid, retrieved my keys, loaded my children and left.  BJ is now in charge of all oil changes. No more good deeds from me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment