Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

THE Run!!!

Well, you may remember me talking about BJ deciding to train and run in a marathon... so today was the day!  AND.... HE DID IT!!!!!  And when I say he did it - I mean he DID it... with grace; and energy to spare!!!!   He was amazing... he ran 26.2 miles in 4 hours!  First of all, it amazes me that he RAN... for FOUR HOURS!  Second of all, it amazes me that he RAN... for 26.2 miles!!!!!!  Again - I think it's foolish and crazy, but he is super man no matter how you look at it!!! ;-)


The boys and I met Opa and Ernie at their condo in midtown to cheer BJ on at mile 23...
So we waited...

And waited...

And got sidetracked waiting...

And looked cute waiting... (we were a little early! ;-)

AND DADDY CAME BY!!!!!

And he looked SO GOOD and comfortable!!!!!

Sam and Jake were jumping up and down for him - they were so cute! BJ couldn't resist stopping for a quick kiss!

And off to finish...

And we made it to the finish line.... OH... and BJ did too!!!!!
He looked a little tired...

But soooo GOOD!!!!!

And sidetracked again...

BJ's medal...

That Sam and Jake can't stop wearing!!!! ;-)
We are so proud of BJ, and are happy that this little item on the 'ole bucket list is checked off!!! Now... on with LIFE!!!!!  GREAT JOB, BABE - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job BJ! What a great accomplishment. He is a changed person from this experience....I can testify. Training for a marathon is a second job in an of itself. It is the best test of discipline and belief in yourself! So proud of him. He could not have done it without you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete