Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY SAM!!!!

WHAT??? My baby is FIVE????  Just like any parent, I just can't believe that my baby is already five!  He's like a little man already!!!!  It makes me sad, but it makes me a proud and happy Mama!  He has grown into such a sweet little guy, and we love him more that words could ever express!!!

Sam at 1 day old... (I know every parent thinks their baby is a beautiful baby, but Sam actually WAS a beautiful baby!!!! ;-)

Sam at 1-yr-old...

Sam at 2-yrs-old... yep, reading his Flying magazine...

Sam at 3-yrs-old.... driving his own off-road vehicle...

Sam at 4-yrs-old... into his sports already...
And at 5-yrs-old.... what will this year bring????

Here are some little facts (known and maybe some unknown) about my little 5-yr-old....
  • He is in the 96th percentile for height and weight... he's a BIG BOY!
  • He is also a teddy bear!
  • He likes to play rough
  • He is SUPER quiet in a crowd
  • But get him around his friends or family... and he's rowdy and loud!!!!
  • Unless Jake is running his motor-mouth (which ISN'T shy), then Sam usually just lets Jake speak!
  • Sam loves his doggies... even when they bite... he is still so compassionate!
  • He takes care of his brother... usually... buckles him/unbuckles him in the car; gets him things; gives him toys; etc
  • He even tells Jake what he must do to get a prize or candy... it doesn't usually work, but he is very authoritative about it!
  • Sam calculates... everything! He is my thinker... and if there's a 'way out,' Sam will think it up - my punishments have become elaborate due to this little fact!
  • Sam loves to draw.... specifically robots and pirates... and he is REALLY good at it!
  • He also likes to create 'homework' for his Daddy to do at work! This usually involves some type of building he draws and cuts out that BJ must glue somewhere on his desk and color.
  • Sam also loves to cut things out and tape... lots of tape!
  • Sam is too smart for his own good! I can't deny him McDonald's for him reminding me that Mimi and Pop Pop have given us McDonald's money to use... I can't tell him to stop using so much tape for him telling me that it's ok - Mimi and Pop Pop will said they would buy him more.... you get the picture!
  • Sam gives the BEST hugs... he wraps his arms and legs around you and squeezes soooo hard.... the best hugs happen when he wants you to carry him upstairs (have I mentioned that he's almost 60 lbs!?)
  • Being my quiet one, Sam doesn't demand his love and attention, but he sure eats it up when it's dealt out!!!
  • He is one loved 5-yr-old!  Have you seen the swing set he got? And he has two more BIG birthday surprises coming his way today and this weekend!!!!!!  Stay Tuned.....
WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, SAM!!!!
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment