Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update Time...

January is usually a slower month at our house... insofar as 'events' go, anyway! Hence, it's a slower blogging month as well!  But we have been busy, and I have been re-organizing some 'work' stuff... so it's been productive!!!

Sam and Jake have not slowed down, that is for SURE! Cabin Fever would be an understatement! They have each been sick off and on for about three weeks now... NOT FUN!!!!! So that has only added to the cabin fever problem!!!!

But that hasn't stopped them from talking, dreaming and playing.....

  • Sam is having a problem deciding what to do when he grows up.  So far, he wants to work at the office with his Daddy, he wants to take care of animals, and he wants to play football.  Just recently he has added that he wants to take pictures [*ahhhh...] too! But just of his animals.  And he only wants to take care of a rabbit, a dog and a horse. And he only wants to take pictures of them..... so I guess that leaves football and architecture to pay the bills.....
  • Jake just doesn't stop talking.  Seriously.  I'm not exaggerating. He is most certainly my ADD child.  He cannot focus on any one thing for longer than a few seconds. It's cute right now, but.... his poor teachers.... his poor parents!!!!! Even a phone conversation turns (almost instantly) to whatever he is looking at. And putting him to bed consists of him thinking about things he has seen or heard and trying to decode what on earth he is talking about! Endearing.... yes!  Exhausting.... absolutely!!!!!
  • Jake still can't live without mommy for long.  He still cries when I take him to school and when we drop him off in the nursery.  He's fine immediately after (thank goodness), but we still must endure the tears!
  • Sam is an extremely creative little guy.  He has a drawing pad, and loves to draw robots (mostly), but it has blossomed into rocket ships, roads, and pretty much anything his little imagination can dream up. It's pretty cool - especially since I was/am not much of the creative-type!!!
  • Sam has also joined the 100 Club.  That means he can count to 100 without help!  That's a big milestone for our little 4-yr-old!!!!  We celebrated with Brusters... and a prize.... and a prize from Mimi and Pop Pop... and a prize from Nanny.... you get the picture!  Sure hope we're not setting a precedent here (*insert sarcasm here * :-) HAHAHA!!!!!!
  • Sam has also given up his naps.  That may not be news to most of anyone who knows him, but I have been in denial for over 6 months now, and it is finally hitting me that he is not going to just go to his room for 2-3 hrs in the afternoons anymore!!!! :-( BUT - on the positive side..... he does still have a [not too] quiet time for about an hour, then we have "Special Mommy/Sam Time."  We both like that!
  • "Special Mommy/Sam Time" was created because there has been a touch lot of jealousy for Jake's love of mommy.  Jake just comes and gets his hugs, requires to be held, etc.  He demands it.  Sam is a touch more passive, and could be easily overlooked in the buzz of laundry, dinner, snacks, work, LIFE, etc.  I'm glad I/we have noticed this and have [hopefully] come up with something to make Sam feel as special as he is.  Stay tuned on this one.........
  • Have I mentioned that my brother and Jen are having a baby GIRL in May?  I'm pretty excited! I get to not only play with and help care for a baby, but it's a GIRL!!!! She's going to be so much fun for our family! And I just cannot wait to get a hold of a baby that's a few days old for some newborn pictures....
  • After being pulled over by a (very nice) police man [for turning left into the 'suicide lane' in order to merge into traffic... apparently that's frowned upon!?], Sam keeps asking when we will be able to see the police man again!
That may be about it for now.... It's actually "Special Mommy/Sam Time," which also forces me to stop what I'm doing and focus on my big boy!!!!! But I'll leave you with a few pictures.....

Not only does Sam like to take pictures, but he likes to have his made (when it's his idea... and when Stormie is around!)

Another of Sam's many creations...

My boys in their PJ's!

This was only the beginning of sickness in our house...

And then it hit us all!
Sam cut some regular white paper to create this rocket --- AND a car to get the astronaut (him) to the rocket ship!

And his picture with Stormie... again!

The tooth fairy came to visit them at school!
Look at those pearly whites!!!!
And I leave you with some of Sam's handy work... with the camera!






OK - I took this one, but only after he requested and told me what to do!!!


Stormie is a favorite subject!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry yall have been so sick. You need some warm and fresh air. Tried to call you back this past week. Give me a call when you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete