Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Boys will be Boys...

I have a feeling I'll be saying this a lot in my lifetime....

This time, BJ and I were upstairs working to finish putting Jake's new bunk bed together (more on that later)... we heard the kids downstairs playing [happily] together and seized the few moments of sanity to finish everything up.  BJ went and looked over the balcony to make sure they were doing ok.  I heard an "uh. oh. Tammy, come look at this!" and knew it wasn't going to be pretty.... I could NEVER have fathomed how bad it really was!!!!  They had gotten into the empty boxes from the furniture - that was conveniently packed with large Styrofoam pieces to keep it from scratching.... they were "making it snow." Literally crumbling the rather large pieces everywhere... on their heads, the floor, the walls - you name it!

There was no way to get mad.  Just laugh, embrace their creativity.... and clean it up!!!!  We had to vacuum everything... literally! It was stuck to clothes, walls, carpet, in their ears, in their noses and in their mouths [after the fact, I realized that they could have choked.... but not to worry - they had it crumbled in way too small of pieces for that to have been an issue!]  This is just 'one of those stories' that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life - and will probably laugh harder each time I remember it!  That actual day.... there may not have been yelling, but there certainly wasn't any laughing!!!!!!

Here are the two guilty parites... Sam's apparently ill that I made him stop to take the picture!

The picture just doesn't do the mess justice!!!!
At least they're cute in all the mess!!!!

As for the bedroom / bunk bed... pictures to come later - the room is FAR from done!!!!!! But Jake is on his way to having a non-nursury - bona fide big boy room!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment