Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Sneaky... Sneaky....

As I sit here typing, Sam and Jake are at my feet - one building with blocks, the other 'reading' Spiderman with his Tag reader..... ahhhhhh.... such a lovely (calm) start to our morning!

But YESTERDAY (evening) was a far cry from this picture I paint now......

I was working on my computer (this time of year, you'd be hard-pressed to find me anywhere else!).  I let the boys go outside to play for a bit - it's chilly, but they're tough, and it made it MUCH quieter for me!!!! ;-)

I heard the door open and close a couple of times, but thought nothing of it, as that if fairly normal.  When the sun started going down, I went and called them inside - surprised that they hadn't already come in because it really was cold by then!  They told me they were not cold and wanted to keep playing.  Red flag... it was like 40/45 degrees (They DID have jackets on, but only sweat shirt jackets)!  I made them come on in, then noticed that Jake's mouth was blue.  I started in on the questions....

Q - Why is your mouth blue?
A - From my AirHeads
Q - Where did you get them?
A - From the pantry.  Sam did it.
Q (to Sam) - What did you get out of the pantry? Why were you getting candy out of the pantry? Why didn't you ask me first?
A - I got the candy basket because we were hungry. (The last was an 'I don't know.' with the implied meaning of "I knew you'd say no."). Jake got more than I did.
Q - What all did you get? And what all did you eat?

Three hours later (we kept asking them through dinner to get the 'real' answer, because there were A LOT of versions before we got to what we think is the relative truth.... Jake likes to elaborate - at one point, he had eaten 9 AirHeads! ;)...... here is the answer to THAT questions.......

Jake: 2 AirHeads (the big ones) and 2 bags of Skittles
Sam: 2 KitKats, 2 chocolate eggs, 1 AirHead and 1 bag of Skittles

Those little SNEAKS!!!!!

Candy has never really affected my kids... we actually don't eat that much of it.... but THAT NIGHT - HOLY COW.......................... they were CRAZY!!!!!!!!  Thank God, it was close to bedtime, and they actually slept well.  I'm surprised!!!!

They did not get into trouble... although they knew better - but they were very forth-coming with the truth; and I was honestly thankful it was just candy (when my brother and I were little, we got some 'yummy' vitamins and ate the whole jar.... my brother was very sick!)

AND... They have bonded so much over this sneaky experience... I do, however recognize what I'm in for eith them 'ganging up' on us.... But I'm honestly happy seeing them work together! I sure hope I'm not eating my words in the years to come!!! ;-) But they NOW know that there WILL be SERIOUS consequences!!!!!! JEEZ......... It is never dull! I could write a post daily on our escapades!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment