Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Swim Lessons...

What start to summer isn't complete without swim lessons?
This year, we are trying Swim Atlanta... they have had one week of lessons so far, and both are doing really good! I really want them to be able to swim independently this year... I'm sure that'll happen by the end of the summer... so we are doing lessons for two weeks to refresh from last year!


They love their goggles!? They actually don't ever want to take them off!!!

Pardon my fuzzy pictures... they were taken with my phone THROUGH the observation window!!! ;-)
Jake cried when I left him with his teacher... why am I not surprised? But it caused her to skip him swimming the first couple of rounds... I went out there and pulled the 'crazed mommy' "I'm not paying for him to sit on the side of the pool" line... I comforted Jake and assured him I was right where I could see him.  The teacher didn't like me coming out and interrupting, but I think it helped Jake to realize that I was there!!! Regardless, he did GREAT after that!!! ;-)

There he goes....

Here is Sam watching Jake, waiting for his lesson (that started an hour later...) I put them in separate classes so that they wouldn't be competing all the time, and wouldn't be distracting each other either... I don't think it made a difference, because there was a kid in Sam's class who couldn't sit still, couldn't listen, and hit Sam... he made Jake look like an angel!!!!

So between lessons, I had to do SOMETHING to keep them happy (oh, yeah... I didn't mention that swim lessons were during nap time.... IT'S BEEN A ROUGH WEEK!!!!!)
So Ice Cream seemed to make them happy in between lessons...


And here goes Sam...

Diving down... he's doing so much more this year!

I'm so proud of both of them!!!!! Can't wait to see how they do next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment